Time: 1 hour
Day: by arangement
Duration: 12 weeks, more or less by family discretion
Using the free and easy to master 3-d modeling program, Trimble SketchUp, students are introduced to the virtual world of computer modeling. The program will be downloaded to their computer. In the course of learning the program students will also learn to name files, create folders, and use the mouse.
Learning Goals and Objectives:
The objective of this course is to introduce the principles of computer modeling. Students will measure and model objects and print the resulting model.
Methods of Evaluation: The model files will demonstrate the student’s understanding and creativity.
Week by Week Syllabi (1-12)
1. Program download and introduction to its tools.
2. Intro to methods of using tools, measurement and scales in the 2-d world and how they apply to 3-d modeling. Various parts and objects will be introduced and measured.
3. Hands on modeling.
4. More hands on modeling.
5. Modeling more advanced parts.
8. Putting 3-d objects into 2-d
9. Advanced program tools.
10. Choose and develop a project to model.
11. Project modeling.
12. Project completion and printing.